Born: January 13, 1997
Hometown: Newmarket, ON
Selected first overall in the 2012 OHL Entry draft, Connor McDavid is a major junior ice hockey player, currently playing for the Erie Otters.
Connor started his career with the Toronto Marlboros of the GTHL. In the 2011-12 season, Connor netted 33 goals and a recorded 39 assists for 72 points in 33 games. Prior to the 2012 OHL draft, Connor was granted Exceptional Player status, a designation given to only three other players, and was allowed to be selected in the 2012 OHL Priority Selection. At age 15, a year younger than all other players, Connor was selected by the Erie Otters and awarded the Jack Ferguson Award. McDavid finished his first season in the OHL with the most assists by an OHL rookie (41) and second in scoring for a first year player (66 points). In acknowledgment for his exceptional play, Connor was awarded the Emms Family Award, a recognition given to the top rookie in the OHL. Connor was also selected to play for the OHL’s First All-Rookie Team.
Connor was the youngest player on the Canadian U-18 team at the 2013 IIHF World U18 Championships in Sochi. Leading the tournament in goals and points, Connor helped Canada win a gold medal, the third in Canadian history since the tournament’s inception in 1999. Connor also played for Canada at the 2014 World Junior Championships.
From an early age, Connor has been a avid user of BioSteel products. He continues to use the BioSteel line of products, both on the ice and off, to accelerate his workout performance and recovery. BioSteel is a prominent and permanent part of Connor’s fitness and training regime. #DrinkThePink
“I guess you could say he is kind of The Next One. Every so many years a player arrives like Gretzky, Lemieux. I think he is making a statement. Is he the next Crosby? I think he is the next guy.” – Jim Nill, GM of the Dallas Stars.
- 1a. Landmine Snatch with Split Catch (4 sets, 5 reps)
- 1b. Kneeling Single Leg Vertical Jump (4 sets, 5 reps)
- 2a. D.B. Bulgarian Split Squat (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 2b. Single Leg Hip Extension on bench with Chain over Waist (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 3a. Snatch Grip RDL (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 3b. TRX Knee Curl Alternating (4 sets, 8 reps)
- 4. Split Position Landmine Twist (3 sets, 8 reps)
- 1a. Bench Press with Bands (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 1b. Parallel Stance Explosive Landmine Press (4 sets, 5 reps)
- 2a. Prone Grip Pullup + WT (4 sets, 5 reps)
- 2b. D.B. Puss Press (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 3a. D.B. Alternating Front Raise and Side Raise (4 sets, 6 reps)
- 3b. V-Sit with Cable Rotation (3 sets, 10 reps)
- 4. S.B. Single Leg Jackknife (3 sets, 8 reps)
Workouts provided by Gary Roberts High Performance Training
- Veal Parmesan
- Meatball Sub
- Pregame Meal: Chicken and Rice